2 Bean Risotto ... a little mid week veggie treat
· 250g frenchbeans
· dash olive oil
· 1 large onion, finely chopped
· 300g risotto rice
· 1 litre vegetable stock
· 3 tbsp mascarpone (optional)
· 50g parmesan (or similar vegetarian hard cheese), finely grated, plus extra to serve
· 100g cooked broad beans
· 3 knobs butter
· salt and freshly ground black pepper
· 1 heaped tbsp chopped fresh herbs (a mixture of chervil, tarragon, chives and flatleaf parsley)
1. Slice french beans into 2cm pieces and cook in a pan of boiling water until tender. Drain and set aside.
2. Cook broad beans until tender
3. Heat the olive oil in a large lidded saucepan, then add the onion and cook over a low heat for 3-4 minutes, or until softened.
4. Stir in the rice and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously.
5. Pour over the stock, stir the mixture and cover with the lid. Cook over a low heat for 15-17 minutes, or until the rice is just tender.
6. Stir in the mascarpone (if using), parmesan, butter, beans and season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Sprinkle over the herbs to serve.